“The World Game” has been tweaked, manipulated and re-invented so that it can be played on a indoor court. The end result is an exciting, fast-paced version of soccer, with more regular scoring and plenty of opportunity for players to show off some fancy footwork. If you’ve never seen this version of soccer before, the basics are:
* 4 players per team, including keeper (up to 4 subs may also be used in any one game)
* As with our other sports, the netting surrounding the court means there is no ‘out-of-bounds’, giving players a great workout as play never stops
* Each keeper has a ‘goal semi-circle’ surrounding his/her goal which only he/she may enter. All other players, offensive and defensive, must remain outside this goal semi-circle
* In MIXED competitions, at least one player of opposite gender must be on the court at all times
* Each match consists of 2 x 20 minute halves
When can I play Indoor Soccer?
Northside Sport & Fitness offers Indoor Soccer on the following nights:
Men’s & Mixed – Thursday nights from 6.10pm
Men’s & Mixed – Sunday nights from 5.20pm – REGISTRATIONS FOR THIS COMPETITION ARE STILL OPEN!!