“The World Game” has been tweaked, manipulated and re-invented so that it can be played on a indoor court. The end result is an exciting, fast-paced version of soccer, with more regular scoring and plenty of opportunity for players to show off some fancy footwork. If you’ve never seen this version of soccer before, the basics are:
* 4 players per team, including keeper (up to 4 subs may also be used in any one game)
* As with our other sports, the netting surrounding the court means there is no ‘out-of-bounds’, giving players a great workout as play never stops
* Each keeper has a ‘goal semi-circle’ surrounding his/her goal which only he/she may enter. All other players, offensive and defensive, must remain outside this goal semi-circle
* In MIXED competitions, at least one female player must be on the court at all times
* Each match consists of 2 x 20 minute halves
SOCCER 4 A SIDE RULES FOR NORTHSIDE INDOOR SPORT & FITNESS
- Teams must play within the rules & respect the referees final decision. REFEREES CAN SEND PLAYERS OFF. A 2 MINUTE COOL OFF (CAN BE REPLACED) OR SEND OFF (CAN NOT BE REPLACED)
- No slide tackling or tackles from behind (contact from behind will result in a foul)
- No playing at the ball when you are on the ground
- No attacking or defending players to enter the goal keepers D
- All players must keep arms down when in possession of the ball or defending the ball and NO NET HOLDING (this will result in a free kick to the opposing team)
- Rough play will not be tolerated including pushing, shoving, high tackling or blocking
- Goal keepers can roam up to the 3/4 line and score
- Goal keepers can throw the ball or kick from the ground (NO DROP KICKS OR OUT OF HANDS) The ball can not travel past the 3/4 line on the full from a throw – it MUST bounce before or touch a player
- Referees must be notified when subbing keeper in general play and have 5 seconds to release the ball or exit the D so play can resume
- All free kicks are indirect and depending players must be 1 metre back or move the ball 1 metre back if close to D.
- NO NET HOLDING when in possession of the ball
- Only deliberate fouls that are direct on goal will result in a direct penalty
- Teams can sub any time but the player exiting must leave the court before the entering player steps on the court
- NO ABUSE, SWEARING or PHYSICAL VIOLENCE will be tolerated at this centre. The centre has CCTV and games are recorded and used if a dispute or incident arises at the centre. Management reserve the right to ask players or patrons to leave the centre if rules are not abided by.
When can I play Indoor Soccer?
Northside Sport & Fitness offers Indoor Soccer on the following nights:
Men’s & Mixed – Thursday nights from 6.10 pm NEW SEASON NOW!!
Men’s & Mixed – Sunday nights from 5.20 pm – REGISTRATIONS FOR THIS COMPETITION ARE STILL OPEN!!
Ladies Soccer – Tuesday nights from 6.30 pm